Career Advice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jj

Hi, I’m really interested in developing a career that is SAP related. I have been working in the auditing/accounting for years and was an accounting major. I had some experience with SAP tables when I was working on a project to exact data from SAP. I completed a few projects using VBA and ACL (an auditing tool with simple programming language). Currently I’m learning Python. I’m thinking to find a career path that is combined with accounting and a little bit programming. I’ve been following your site and think I should start to learn SAP FI/CO model and maybe sign up SAP learning hub to get trained and certified. I appreciate if you can give me some advice of the career development, what kind of job should I start with (i.e. FICO consultant)? In the long term, what other things I should learn? Thank you!

#13528 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Hi, yes, SAP FI/CO seems to be very appropriate for your background. Have you also considered a career of an auditor of IT systems (including SAP)? All large audit companies (Big 4) have groups that specialize in technical and security audit of SAP systems. There is a demand for such services from customers that use SAP ERP and want to make sure that this software is run and managed properly. How many years of audit experience do you have?

#13684 Reply
    Muthus2002
    Participant

Hello Mr. Isco,
    First of all I wanted to thank you for providing so much of useful information. I would like to have your opinion about taking SAP FI certification exam. I am 55 years old, I have been doing A/R for the most of my life, I had done some IT jobs in the 90’s but later on it was all A/R. The company I joined now, they use SAP and I thought it may be a good opportunity for me to learn FI module. I am hearing some concerns from my friends that FI market is saturated and I am too old to find a better paying jobs, even if I complete FI certification due to my age.
    I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you
    Muthu

#13685 Reply
    Sagarmohan
    Participant

Hello Sir,

As of now i am working in e-Commerce company where procurement of stocks,planing for procurement invoicing ,forecasting the sales and several activity are involved.

My education background is b tech ,MBA and looking for SAP consultant (MM/SD)as carrier .So please help in providing suggestion which module will be suits to me and help we in providing carrier opportunity as sap consultant

Thank you In advance

#13748 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Muthus2002: Yes, you should be to find a job if you get trained in SAP FI. However, it might be difficult to start to find a job and you might need to start from a very junior position. Perhaps, taking into account your business experience, it might be better to consider positions of SAP FI superuser?

Sagarmohan: Please check this article: How to Choose SAP Module? It should answer most of your questions. If you are interested in commerce, consider SD module.

#14509 Reply
    sapna
    Participant

Hello,

By profession i am an HR Generalist in Lucknow but i wanted to work for MNC in HR domain. So what you people will suggest. Should i go for SAP HR module or for any other course or for no course. I Am an MBA in HR from UPTU & also M.COM. I wanted to relocate myself to Gurgaon & moving to new city where almost all MNC are having office & to join them in HR would be challenging.

#14556 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

If you want to make a shift to IT domain and work with SAP, then your background is best for SAP HCM module or for SAP SuccessFactors.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #13748 in Career Advice
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Page last updated by jj on