Entry Level Jobs with SAP – Career Advice

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    techmgmtgirl

I have a background in financial operations and my previous employers have never bought into SAP. However now I see that many roles are requiring SAP/ERP background. I am a quick learner and have experience with other software platforms. Are there other software platforms that would have the same applications or look and feel that I could show to a future employer that I have used a similar tool. Thanks

• Microsoft Office ,Yammer, Sharepoint, Bloomberg, AS 400, Oracle, SunGard (IFAS-ONE Solution), Innovest,Epicor Systems,Infinite Campus.  These are the ones that I have experience with.
    #13376 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Hi,

SAP ERP has a very distinctive look and feel ? There is no other software applications that are quite similar. If you are a self-learner, I’d recommend you to try online SAP courses. They will help you to get some knowledge of SAP. We even have some free courses here: SAP Training.

I hope it helps!

#15430 Reply
    Tanz
    Participant

Hi, I am a PhD in chemistry and worked in a global chemical company for 4years in Europe. I resigned and looking for a career change. I would like to change my career to SAP. I did project management and lean six sigma courses during my employment and know a bit of corporate business. Firstly I would like to know which SAP course I must choose? Secondly, if I choose SAP as my new career is there any possibility to get job based on SAP course/ education? I need help, I am not sure if my decision of opting SAP as new career is a good decision? Will it lead to get a well paid job?
    I appreciate your help and consultation, thanks

#15551 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Well, it is difficult to predict if the idea to make a career change and go to SAP area will be a good decision. I say so because SAP field is becoming increasingly competitive and you will need to contest with other candidates (who might already have experience in SAP area) for SAP jobs. If you decide to go for SAP, you will need to start at very junior positions, so you might lose in terms of money (comparing to your previous job).
    If you know six sigma, I think you should look at PP (Production Planning), MM (Materials Management), and QM (Quality Management) modules.

#15561 Reply
    Joe
    Participant

Hi,I am Joel working as Assistant professor in a private college. Computer science is my stream. Good in teaching technical subjects. I am always curious about doing a SAP course but I changed my career to teaching due to some unavoidable situation. I would like to get in to SAP but what worries me is my age. I’m 34 now. Am I too old for switching my career? Am I risking my career? I have checked your forum and gone through many questions and answers. In many answers I could find age is not a constraint. But my field is something different, I’m a teacher. Can I make it as a SAP professional? Please help with this.

#15743 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Hi Joel! Honestly speaking, of course you are risking your career. You said that your concern is your academic background but I wouldn’t be too worried about it because there is such a specialization in SAP world as “SAP Trainer”. These are people who specialize in design and delivery of training programs to employees of companies that implemented SAP software. You can just go to some job board and search for the positions of SAP trainers to get an idea about requirements to be a qualified candidate for these jobs. I think that your background of an assistant professor and teaching skills might be beneficial for these roles. The difficult problem here is that you need to know SAP pretty well to be able to teach it to others.

#19605 Reply
    anilnaveen
    Participant

Hi,I am anil and iam from india. I have completed my engineering in electronics and communications. I dont have any work experience..morever iam not that much good at programming..but i want to start my career as SAP consultancy…so can you help me which SAP Module is better for me considering my education qualification as iam a fresher

#19613 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

As you don’t have any SAP experience, you should be open to take any available job opportunity or internship that you might find on the job market. You might also have a look at this article: How to Choose SAP Module.

#19637 Reply
    Rohenv
    Participant

My biggest customer uses SAP, and I use it from the supplier end for them. This includes retrieving releases, processing shipments, and honestly checking orders.

Being that I do not do any creating of orders or end processing, could this be useful in trying to land a position where SAP is a requirement?

#20061 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Hi Rohenv,

Unfortunately, I don’t think that this experience will be really useful for jobs in SAP field.

#20535 Reply
    Neeraj Gupta
    Participant

Hi,
    As you have said here that your background is in financial and you are a quick sel-learner, so I like to suggest you to choose online SAP Fico training that will help you to choose a right career path for SAP consultation.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #20061 in Entry Level Jobs with SAP – Career Advice
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Page last updated by techmgmtgirl on