SAP Career

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kris
    Participant

Hi,

I am MBA with finance by qualification and at present I am working as an account assistant in UK since last 6 years and I am using different ERP(business side) at my work since last 6 years. I don’t have any IT experience and I want to start my career in SAP. I have below questions?

1. Is it ok to start SAP FICO course with no IT background?

2. What are the future prospect for starter’s who is SAP FICO certified?

3. How much SAP FICO Certified (fresher) earns in UK? or what is the starting salary for beginners who is SAP FICO Certified?

Awaiting your reply.

Many Thanks

Regards,

Kris

#17495 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

1. Yes
    2. You might find entry-level jobs (e.g., SAP analyst) in SAP area with possibilities to grow as a functional SAP FICO consultant or positions that span between business and SAP (e.g., SAP super user, SAP subject matter expert, or SAP Business Process Owner).
    3. Check websites like glassdoor.com for information about salaries.

I hope it helps!

#18280 Reply
    Abhishek Chavan
    Participant

Hi Cleo ,

Hope you are doing well !!

I am working as a Financial Accountant in one of the big FMCG Company in the world. I am MBA in Finance by qualification and my experience is into Accounting and Reporting. I am working as an end user of SAP FI for past 6 years.

As I do not have any professional degree in accountancy , there is limited scope in moving ahead in my career in terms of position and earnings.

There is scope for me to apply for Internal Job posting into SAP profile in the current company , but I am confused if I should start freshly into SAP profile.

Please advice

Thanks ,

Abhishek Chavan

#18393 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Hi Abhishek,

It depends on the requirements of the internal job posting that you mentioned. It is difficult to recommend something because you didn’t provide much details.

#19432 Reply
    bharatmad
    Participant

Just go for it Abhishek. SAP has a really good long-term career in terms of pay package and job profile. Get certified in SAP Fi and you can do it with any authorized training center in India.

#21513 Reply
    sap1707
    Participant

Hello Cleo,

I am new to this forum with an old anxious query.

I am an HR professional (HR Generalist) with 7.5 years of experience. In January 2017, I have done SAp HCM Certification form an authorized training institute which had cost me INR 3.56 lacs and also have done an internship of 6 months which had cost INR 45K but still I am struggling to get a job in SAP. Many people are suggesting me to get trained in Successfactor now. I had left my normal HR domain in June 2017 in order to search a job in SAP domain.

Could you please guide me with right suggestion? I have lost a huge hard earned money and now actually I have to struggle with the financial part if I have to undergo SF training but I won’t be having any other choice if that can get me a decent job.

Your valuable suggestion may help me to find a proper direction plesae.

Thanks & Regards,
    Piyasha

#22072 Reply
    Alvaro
    Participant

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. I an MBA with expierence in international finances and trade. I have worked as a product analyst for three years for a consultancy firm, and the last year I have been working in international trade leaving aside the analyst role which turns out I miss. During this time, I have been using both SAP and Sales Force (business side).

I am interested in switching my carrer into SAP consultancy. The certifications I am considering are FI and CO, but as Kris, I have no IT background. I have read in this an other websites that certifications are not the way to find a job but my ex-colleague completed both certifications and didn’t take to much time for him to get a job (he used to work as a product analyst as myself).

Do you think that previous finance experience plus a SAP certification FI+CO will be attractive to get a SAP analyst-consultancy position? Do you have any recomendation?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Alvaro

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #18393 in SAP Career
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Page last updated by Kris on