SAP fi co without accounting skills nor experience

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Arusi kumari.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rojo

Hi, first of all I congratulate you for the professionalism of the blog.

I think I got in trouble, because I enrolled in a SAP FI CO course without having any skill or experience in accounting/finance. I realize the absurdity of the thing, which even the teacher showed me in a more or less concealed way. From what I know, a SAP FI CO certification is not enough if I don’t have skills or experience in accounting, though teacher said that we’ll study and deepen accounting concepts. Now that i can’t go back anymore (I’ve already paid the course), is there any pretext to say that I didn’t throw away my money? What can I do? Tips?

I thank you for your patience and for help

Best regards

#13513 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Hi Rojo,

Yes, you are right – usually people who go for SAP FI/CO training have some prior knowledge of accounting. I also understand your situation – it must be really painful to realize that you can’t go back and refund your money.

But from my point of view, your situation is not hopeless. I know many SAP FI consultants that only had a degree in information technology (and no experience in accounting) when started their careers in the SAP field. They had to learn accounting in parallel with learning SAP.

My suggestion is that you should try to do a similar thing that these people did – start learning basic financial/accounting skills in parallel with learning SAP. I don’t know where you are located but for sure you can find many free accounting courses online. For example, I recommend to try accounting courses at Coursera.

You don’t need to be an expert in accounting for being and SAP FI/CO consultant. Basic knowledge of financial accounting should be enough to get started. And with more experience with SAP FI/CO, you will also be more knowledgeable about accounting.

I hope that my answer helps and wish you good luck with FI/CO training and career!

#46806 Reply
    Arusi kumari

While having prior accounting experience and skills can certainly be helpful, it is possible to learn and work with SAP FICO without an accounting background. SAP FICO (Financial Accounting and Controlling) is a software module that manages financial transactions and reporting in real-time, and it requires an understanding of financial concepts and accounting procedures.

However, with proper training and guidance, individuals with non-accounting backgrounds can learn the necessary skills to use SAP FICO effectively. Some organizations even provide training programs to help employees learn the software and its functionalities.
    It’s important to note that while technical skills can be learned, having a basic understanding of accounting principles can still be beneficial for effectively using SAP FICO.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #13513 in SAP fi co without accounting skills nor experience
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Page last updated by Rojo on