SAP FICO as i do not have btech

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

547i have exp on java and sql but i am not a good programmer , my counsler suggested me to go for SAP FICO as i do not have btech degree and b.com + gniit only best for SAP FICO. what do you suggest?

#13493 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Hi, I think that for FICO it is nice to have some background in finance and accounting. Do you know accounting? Another option is to consider SAP SD (Sales & Distribution) or SAP CRM (Customer Relationship Management) modules.

#14911 Reply
    Vinod
    Participant

Hi Cleo Isco,

I have an experience of around 7 years in Accounting domain. I am now associated with SAGE Software as a Functional Consultant. My current job is to understanding the clients requirement and implementing the SAGE 300 ERP. I also design some of the BI reports for them. Now I want to move to a bigger ERP and obviously SAP FICO is my target. I am looking at self learning first then only I can try for certification.
    Should i look for a part time engagement to boost my understanding of the SAP ?
    Or should i just jump to SAP after learning ( big risk though) ?
    Will SAP FICO knowledge do any good in my carrier ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Vinod.

#14958 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Hi Vinod,

I am not sure you will be able to find a good job in SAP FI/CO area without prior experience in SAP consulting. Unless, it will be some intern SAP job. I guess that changing career field always includes some degree of risk. If you can find some part-time SAP job, that will be a safe way to make a transition. I cannot advise if SAP consulting is good career option for you because I know very little about SAGE ERP and associated career prospects.

I hope it helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #13493 in SAP FICO as i do not have btech
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Page last updated by bhagendersingh on