- Hardcover: 548 pages
- Publisher: SAP PRESS; 1 edition (May 28, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1592293263
- ISBN-13: 978-1592293261
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 1.3 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
With this book, get answers to typical ABAP development problems or tasks: persistence programming, interface programming, security and tracing techniques, etc. The complexity of the recipes ranges from the simple starter plates to the complex main courses and some sweet deserts, of course! Each chapter is a short tutorial in itself, all organized and consolidated into an easy-to-read format. Many code samples, screenshots, and different icons will help you to follow the best practices provided. Enjoy your ABAP meal!
* Find answers to common and complex programming problems in various tutorials
* Learn the classic and modern techniques for developing solutions in ABAP
* Explore detailed code samples throughout the book
Learn best practices for programming and the solutions to both simple and complex programming problems.
Discover various techniques for dynamic, database, transactional, persistence, interface, and security programming in ABAP.
Comprehensive Approach to Problem Solving
Explore the context of a problem, solution alternatives, and the thought process involved in the development of a solution.
Examples and Source Code
Explore coding examples in every chapter, as well as two source code bundles that you can install on your local AS ABAP system.
* String processing techniques
* Dynamic and reflective programming
* ABAP and Unicode
* Database programming
* Transactional programming
* XML processing in ABAP
* Web services and programming with the ICF
* Email programming
* Security programming
* Logging and tracing
* Interprocess communication
* Parallel and distributed processing with RFCs
About the Author of this SAP ABAP Book
James Wood is the founder and principal consultant of Bowdark Consulting, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in technology and custom development in the SAP landscape. Before starting Bowdark in 2006, James was an SAP NetWeaver consultant for SAP America, Inc. and IBM Corporation, where he was involved in many large-scale SAP implementations. James is also an SAP Mentor and author of several best-selling SAP titles. To learn more about James and this book, please check out his website at bowdark.com.
Purchase this SAP ABAP Book
If you want to download this e-book, please click on the cover image. You will be redirected to sap-press.com, the only website that sells SAP PRESS e-books. Don’t worry, if you prefer to hold your book the print version is also available for purchase.