- Hardcover: 260 pages
- Publisher: SAP PRESS; 1 edition (September 28, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1592294200
- ISBN-13: 978-1592294206
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 0.9 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
This book explains solutions to the most common enhancement scenarios in SD, and provides insight on how to implement light and flexible enhancements. You’ll follow along with specific examples of when the standard SD system doesn’t meet business requirements, including sales orders and billing, and understand how to find the right enhancement and implement the solution. Learning about ABAP development for Sales and Distribution in SAP has never been so practical jump in with a book that explains the whys and hows!
1. No-Nonsense Enhancement Advice Understand when enhancements should be used, and what impacts they’ll have on your SAP system in the short and long term.
2. What Enhancement Will Work? There is no best enhancement learn how to compare the pros and cons of different enhancement methods and understand how they can tailor your standard SD functionality.
3. Detailed Scenarios See specific examples that illustrate where enhancements are necessary, then how to find and implement custom enhancements to meet a company’s specific SD needs.
4. Practical SD Topics Sales order processing, delivery processing, and billing: Find enhancement scenarios and solutions in the book by these common topics.
5. Comprehensive Appendices Find detailed listings of BAdIs and exits for sales orders, delivery, invoicing, transport documents, and more, as well as complete coding examples.
- Explicit and implicit enhancements
- Persistent objects and classes
- Enhancement and Switch Framework
- Enterprise services
- VOFM routines
- Repository Infosystem
- Remote function calls (RFC)
- Customer-defined routines
- KPI reporting
About the Author of this SAP ABAP Book
Michael Koch was born in Aachen, Germany. His career in IT started in 1990 as a COBOL and RPG programmer. He soon started a double business degree course at Fachhochschule Aachen, which led to his first adventures in ABAP coding. Michael completed his course at Coventry University, England, where he graduated in 1998. Since then, he has worked on national and multinational SAP projects in both consulting and end-user roles. During his work in the SAP arena, he covered various industries including automotive, FMCG, entertainment, insurance, telecoms, and high tech. In 2002, Michael founded his own freelance business, Pixelbase, which provides independent SAP development consulting. Pixelbase’s focus is SAP NetWeaver web development, rich Internet applications, application architecture and design, customizations, upgrades, and interfaces. Pixelbase takes pride in its work and aims to give clients value for money by offering independent, real-world advice. Michael now lives in England with his family. He has been a member of the SAP Mentor initiative since 2009.
Purchase this SAP ABAP Book
If you want to download this e-book, please click on the cover image. You will be redirected to sap-press.com, the only website that sells SAP PRESS e-books. Don’t worry, if you prefer to hold your book the print version is also available for purchase.