- Hardcover: 194 pages
- Publisher: SAP PRESS; 1 edition (July 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1592293948
- ISBN-13: 978-1592293940
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 0.8 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
ABAP developers require special programming skills for workflow-related ABAP development, as well as very specific process knowledge. With this book, you will acquire both! You’ll learn the aspects of the tools that are directly related to the developer’s tasks, understanding when it is necessary to use custom code and how to write this code. In the many activities and tutorials this book provides, you’ll discover how your work differs from the workflow engine of classic application development, as well as how to influence the behavior of a workflow with its own ABAP programs. Additionally, you’ll learn how to customize the workflow environment beyond standard programming.
1. Code Examples Implement your workflow needs and avoid typical pitfalls with the help of code examples and step-by-step instructions.
2. Detailed Scenarios Understand interference in workflow processes: the use of BOR objects in agent determination, as well as data flow or event production.
3. Sample Project Explore a sample project, where you will follow explicit instructions for developing an ABAP Objects class and creating a BOR object for your workflow.
4. Workflow Engine Learn how to use customizing, organizational structure, and events to build your own workflow development environment.
5. Process Knowledge Gain the discipline-specific programming knowledge the ABAP programming workflow process requires. This book shows you what is important for use in your daily work.
- Workflow Engine
- Workflow runtime
- BOR and ABAP OO objects
- Containers, work conditions, and data flow
- Workflow patterns and tasks
- Methods, work items, and events
- Agent determination
- Event definition and implementation
- Workflow runtime system and log files
About the Author of this SAP ABAP Book
Ilja-Daniel Werner is technical development leader SAP at Océ Document Technologies GmbH, Konstanz. He has been working with SAP interfaces for five years and had already collected experience with interfaces to other critical systems (air traffic control, large databases). He used to be an author for a professional IT magazine.
Purchase this SAP ABAP Book
If you want to download this e-book, please click on the cover image. You will be redirected to sap-press.com, the only website that sells SAP PRESS e-books. Don’t worry, if you prefer to hold your book the print version is also available for purchase.