- Hardcover: 747 pages
- Publisher: SAP PRESS; 4 edition (November 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1592294111
- ISBN-13: 978-1592294114
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 2 x 9.1 inches
In the fourth edition of this flagship reference, you’ll find updated, expanded, and revised information of the most important administration topics for SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP. From getting started with the system, to client administration and authorization concepts, to system monitoring, and SAP Solution Manager, you’ll find all administration tools and practical instructions to optimally configure your system. This book is an essential companion for your daily work.
1. All Concepts Explained Learn everything you need to know about the functioning of SAP Basis. After reading this book, SAP specifics such as work processes, authorizations, and monitoring will no longer baffle you.
2. Tools in Practical Use Get to know the function and handling of all administration tools, which includes SAP NetWeaver Administrator, DBA Cockpit, transport tools, and many more.
3. Concrete Instructions Reproduce the most essential administrator tasks, based on detailed descriptions and comprehensive screenshots.
4. Tips from SAP Support Experts Gear up for critical situations, and benefit from the day-to-day experience that the authors gained in many years of working in SAP support.
5. New in this Edition Expand your knowledge with this new edition. It now includes sections on SAP Solution Manager 7.1, Monitoring and Alert Infrastructure, System Landscape Directory, and CTS+.
- SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP architecture
- Dialog and background processing
- Accounting and lock management
- Setting up a system landscape
- Client administration
- SAP clients, users, and authorizations administration
- Software logistics and instance maintenance
- System monitoring
- SAP Solution Manager
About the Author of this SAP BASIS Book
Frank Föse has worked as a Technology and Performance Consultant at SAP Systems Integration AG in Ratingen, Germany since 2001. His support work focuses on the areas of system analysis and system tuning, sizing for SAP landscapes, and performance optimization in complex applications. Even before finishing his degree in industrial engineering, Frank worked with SAP technology. After completing his studies, he worked as an SAP system administrator in a medium-sized pharmaceutical company, where he supported the SAP implementation project and the system go-live.
Sigrid Hagemann has been with SAP Systems Integration AG in Bensheim, Germany, since 2001. She works in Business Consulting Technology in the areas of IT management and technology consulting She supports SAP customers in the optimization of their system landscape operations. She first worked with SAP technology while completing her master’s degree in Mathematics in 1993 at the Fujitsu Siemens Competence Center in Walldorf, Germany.
Liane Will is member of the SAP Active Global Support since 1998. She supports customers in implementing and optimizing operations and management of SAP solutions. From her extensive experience derived several books dealing with best practices in system administration. They were also published by SAP PRESS. Before Liane started working at SAP, she developed SAP database support tools.
Purchase this SAP BASIS Book
If you want to download this e-book, please click on the cover image. You will be redirected to sap-press.com, the only website that sells SAP PRESS e-books. Don’t worry, if you prefer to hold your book the print version is also available for purchase.