- Paperback: 752 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition (November 9, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071773126
- ISBN-13: 978-0071773126
Unleash the full potential of business intelligence with fact-based decisions, aligned to business goals, using reports and dashboards that lead from insight to action. SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0: The Complete Reference offers completely updated coverage of the latest BI platform.
Find out how to work with the new Information Design Tool to create universes that access multiple data sources and SAP BW. See how to translate complex business questions into highly efficient Web Intelligence queries and publish your results to the BI Launchpad. Learn how to create dashboards from data sourced through a universe or spreadsheet. The most important concepts for universe designers, report and dashboard authors, and business analysts are fully explained and illustrated by screenshots, diagrams, and step-by-step instructions.
- Establish and evolve BI goals
- Maximize your BI investments by offering the right module to the right user
- Create robust universes with the Information Design Tool, leveraging multiple data sources, derived tables, aggregate awareness, and parameters
- Develop a security plan that is scalable and flexible Design
- Web Intelligence reports from basic to advanced
- Create sophisticated calculations and advanced formatting to highlight critical business trends
- Build powerful dashboards to embed in PowerPoint or the BI Launchpad
- Use Explorer to visually navigate large data sets and uncover patterns
About the Author
Founder of BI Scorecard, an independent analyst firm focused on helping customers select BI tools and manage their BI portfolio. We publish side-by-side evaluations based on exclusive hands-on testing. I teach for TDWI (The Data Warehousing Insitute) and contribute to Information Week.
I grew up in NJ and MD and moved to Switzerland where I first began my career in BI in the early 1990s. Giving into the frustration of trying to build a BI application for income statement analysis that I didn’t understand, I earned my MBA at Rice University in Houston, TX.
Download this SAP BI Book
If you want to download this book, please click the picture of the book. You will be redirected to Amazon website where you will offered with an option to download Kindle version of this SAP BI book or purchase a paper version of it.