- Hardcover: 729 pages
- Publisher: SAP Press; 1st edition (December 31, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1592299016
- ISBN-13: 978-1592299010
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 1.9 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds
Bend the cosmos to your will! For SAP data and non-SAP data alike, this comprehensive resource spans universe creation to universe publication. Learn to build single- and multisource data foundations and business layers and to convert UNV to UNX using the new Information Design Tool. Using step-by-step instructions and guiding screenshots, explore the important Information Design Tool features and functionalities that will put intelligent design within your grasp.
* Everything you need to know about the new Information Design Tool and UNX universes
* Explore step-by-step universe design, from connecting to different data sources, to creating data foundations, to building business layers
* Compare and convert UNV to UNX universe
Information Design Tool
Explore its interface and find tips to design and manage universes that fit your needs.
The Semantic Layer
Begin with a conversation on the fundamental role of the semantic layer and then move into the pillars of universe design: the data foundation and the business layer.
Connecting to any Data Source and to SAP Systems
Connect to any relational data source or OLAP cube with your universe, and make sure you’re using the right parameters and access methods to retrieve enterprise data from SAP systems.
Comparing the Old with the New
Differentiate between universes created with the Universe Design Tool and Information Design Tool, and learn how to convert UNV to UNX.
* Semantic layer
* Information Design Tool
* Multidimensional universes
* Connections, data foundations, and business layers
* Federating data with multisource universes
* Query panels
* Publishing and retrieving universes
* Multilingual universes
* Connecting with SAP ERP, SAP NetWeaver BW, and SAP HANA
About the Authors
Christian Ah-Soon has worked for SAP BusinessObjects for 13 years as a program manager on areas like administration, security, internationalization, and installation. Christian holds a Ph.D. in computer science and graduated from TELECOM Nancy.
Didier Mazoué works for SAP as a member of the SAP BusinessObjects platform team, where he is the product owner for the semantic layer. He has years of experience with the SAP BusinessObjects product offerings.
Pierpaolo Vezzosi works at SAP as a member of the SAP BusinessObjects platform team, where he is the director of solution management for the semantic layer. He has years of experience with the SAP BusinessObjects product offerings.
Purchase this SAP BI Book
If you want to download this book, please click the picture of the book. You will be redirected to Amazon website where you will offered with an option to download Kindle version of this SAP BI book or purchase a paper version of it.