- Hardcover: 960 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1 edition (March 30, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470423285
- ISBN-13: 978-0470423288
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 7.4 x 2.1 inches
SAP is the world leader in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; of the software modules, the FI (Finance) and CO (Controlling) are by far the most popular and are widely implemented. This book has no competition between SAP FI books, it is the only book on the market on how to configure and implement SAP FI and CO modules to maximize functionality and features hands-on, step-by-step instructions and real-world examples that provide immediate and practical solutions. Updated for SAP’s ECC 6.0, the book covers FI enterprise structure, general ledger, substitutions and validations, automatic account assignments, accounts payable and receivable, asset accounting, accrual engine, closing entries, credit management, lockbox, CO enterprise structure, profitability analysis (CO-PA), and more.
From the Back Cover of this SAP FI Book
The Financials (FI) and Controlling (CO) modules are the backbone of any SAP ERP implementation. Configuring SAP ERP Financials and Controlling is the only book of its kind to show you how to configure and implement SAP’s two most popular modules in order to meet all your business requirements.
This practical guide provides hands-on, step-by-step instructions and real-world examples for the most frequently used FI and CO submodules found in SAP ECC 6.0. You’ll be able to apply what you’ve learned so that you can customize your system to meet your accounting, financial, planning, and reporting needs. In addition, you will learn skills that you will be able to apply to other areas of functionality within the SAP suite.
- Record accounts payable postings generated from vendor purchasing activity
- Document all accounts receivable postings due to customer sales activity
- Provide up-to-date information on financial accounts by displaying the General Ledger in real time
- Learn how to manage your credit exposure
- Gain insights on how foreign currency translations work and how to forecast cash flows
- Create Cost Centers for functional areas within your organization
- Track costs of a specific job, service, or task
- Collect information on your company’s profit or contribution margin by business segment
- Set up Profit Centers to identify product lines, divisions, offices, and more
About the Author
Peter Jones is a platinum principal consultant for SAP America and speaks regularly at SAP-sponsored events. He is also on the technical advisory board and an editor for FICO Expert. John Burger is Senior Director of Global Sourcing at McKesson. He has implemented solutions in all of the modules within FI/CO for several Fortune 100 companies in several countries in North America, Asia, and Europe.
Download this SAP FI Book
If you want to download this book, please click the picture of the book. You will be redirected to Amazon website where you will offered with an option to download Kindle version of this SAP FI book or purchase a paper version of it.