- File Size: 28109 KB
- Print Length: 226 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing; 1 edition (October 30, 2015)
- Publication Date: October 30, 2015
- Language: English
- ASIN: B016QDX5CO
- This book will help you to process analytical and transactional data in real time with the help of SAP HANA.
- Walk through the steps of the data modeling process and build various data models and artifacts in SAP HANA Studio.
- Packed with rich examples and use cases that are closely focused on developing real-time applications.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a SAP HANA data modeler, developer, implementation/migration consultant, project manager, or architect who is responsible for implementing/migrating to SAP HANA, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the basic building blocks of Analytics/Data models in the SAP HANA environment.
- Discover various schemas, modeling principles, Joins, and the architecture of the SAP HANA engine.
- Build data models and artifacts in Sap HANA Studio.
- Design decision tables and understand the concept of transport management in the SAP HANA landscape.
- Work with the different views in SAP HANA Studio.
- Explore full-text search and fuzzy search in SAP HANA.
- Create your own scenarios and use cases using sample data and code.
SAP HANA is an in-memory database created by SAP. SAP HANA breaks traditional database barriers to simplify IT landscapes, eliminating data preparation, pre-aggregation, and tuning. SAP HANA and in-memory computing allow you to instantly access huge volumes of structured and unstructured data, including text data, from different sources.
Starting with data modeling, this fast-paced guide shows you how to add a system to SAP HANA Studio, create a schema, packages, and delivery unit. Moving on, you’ll get an understanding of real-time replication via SLT and learn how to use SAP HANA Studio to perform this. We’ll also have a quick look at SAP Business Object DATA service and SAP Direct Extractor for Data Load. After that, you will learn to create HANA artifacts—Analytical Privileges and Calculation View. At the end of the book, we will explore the SMART DATA access option and AFL library, and finally deliver pre-packaged functionality that can be used to build information models faster and easier.
Style and approach
This is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step, rapid guide to help you learn analytics in SAP HANA through ample hands-on exercises and use case scenarios.
About the Author of this SAP HANA Book
Vinay Singh has MBA and BE (CS) degrees and is a SAP HANA/BI architect at Freudenberg Sealing Technology, Germany, working in the SAP Analytics area. He has nearly 10 years of SAP experience in the field of SAP product development and consulting. Before joining Freudenberg, he worked with companies such as SAP Labs, Adobe, and T-systems, which gave him a good mix of product development and consulting experience. He has been an author and coauthor on numerous articles in various journals and has officially reviewed a couple of books on SAP Analytics topics. He is also a visiting faculty at Hochschule Furtwangen University, BW, where he teaches SAP HANA under the SAP UCC program.
Download this SAP HANA Book
If you want to download this book, please click the picture of the book. You will be redirected to Amazon website where you will be offered with an option to download a Kindle version of this SAP HANA book or purchase a paper version of it.