Capitalization date in ABT1N IC asset transfer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    User

Hi,
    When I do ABT1N (IC asset transfer), first, I create the asset in receiving company with AS01. Should I use capitalization date as the original asset has, when it was actually capitalized (for example 2015), or should I use the date when I do the transfer (2024). Because when creating the asset and ticking the “post-capitalization” box, I can choose the original capitalization date, as in sending company, but if I dont tick that box, it will use the date I did the transfer. Which one would be correct?

Nidhibng

ABT1N IC For asset transfers, the “Activation Date” refers to the specific date when the activation process for an asset in the SAP system officially begins. This date marks the start of recording the asset on your company’s balance sheet and accounting records. This is important for accurately tracking the financial impact and depreciation of the asset over its useful life. Correctly understanding and entering this date is important for maintaining accurate financial reporting and complying with accounting standards.

Peol solution

In SAP’s ABT1N transaction, the capitalization date is critical in the intercompany asset transfer process. It signifies the date an asset is capitalized on the receiving company’s books. This date determines depreciation start, affecting financial statements and tax calculations. Properly setting the capitalization date ensures accurate asset valuation and compliance with accounting standards. It aligns the asset’s useful life and depreciation schedule with the receiving company’s financial periods. Ensuring correct capitalization dates is essential for maintaining accurate asset records and financial reporting in intercompany transactions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.