Career prospects of a finance professional in SAP FI/CO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    awaisanwar12

Cleo Isco I am an ACCA going to have Chartered Accountancy Certification. Recently I got SAP Fi End User training and I have been obsessed with ERP for a long time as SAP always fascinated me. I have worked as Junior Functional Consultant in Oracle 11i in 2004 and then moving to traditional Finance role. I am thinking about getting eAcademy and then certification for SAP Fi and then CO. I want to ask, what benefits a finance professional would have other than financial benefits a person would have as SAP Fi/Co certified professional. More importantly in terms of career prospects I mean what position in hierarchy a person would have after certification.

#13335 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

I must admit that you have an excellent background for SAP FI/CO. I think that if you decide to become a functional SAP FI/CO consultant after passing a certification, you will probably need to start with some entry level position (because you don’t have relevant SAP consulting experience).

I am not sure if this is the best way for you. Maybe you should not go in the direction of becoming SAP consultant and passing SAP certification. My suggestion is that you should explore the career possibilities of SAP Super Key User – an expert of SAP from the business side. Usually, these professionals also perform some regular business functions (besides SAP) and you have good accounting experience to perform them.

I hope it helps!

#13336 Reply
    awaisanwar12

Thanks for such a great answer. I didnt know there can be a position SAP Super Key User. I would try to work on this aspect God willing. Thanks Cleo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Career prospects of a finance professional in SAP FI/CO
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Page last updated by awaisanwar12 on