lower case letter in SAP Router String

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    joluga
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am facing the following problem. With regard to the Sap logon configuration (https://erproof.com/basis/free-training/sap-logon-configuration/), in step three, every time I fill in the SAP router string, after accepting the capital /S/ in the SAP router string, it chanches to a lower case letter.
    I think that this is the explanation that if I want to connect to the server, the hostname is unknown.

Thank you in advance.

#22855 Reply
    Edward T
    Participant

Hi,

The definition of /S/ is stand for Host port. It’s optional and if not available it will use the default port 3299.
    I’m not really sure how you input it, but yes it should be Upper cased.
    May be try to type it first in a notepad then copy paste it to Router string input,
    or sometimes the issue can come from the SAP GUI installation, try reinstall it with an updated version one.

Regards,

Edward

#46717 Reply
    Arusi kumari

SAP router strings are case-insensitive, which means that uppercase and lowercase letters are treated the same way. Therefore, it doesn’t matter whether you use uppercase or lowercase letters in your SAP router string. However, it’s a common convention to use uppercase letters for the SAP router string, as this makes it easier to read and identify. Additionally, some older versions of the SAP router may not recognize lowercase letters in the string, so it’s best to stick to uppercase letters to avoid any potential issues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: lower case letter in SAP Router String
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Page last updated by joluga on