SAP for beginners – choosing SAP Module

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Aathavan

Hi,

I am Technical Business Analyst with mainly OT background working in a CTRM/ETRM domain. My company is currently implementing SAP and I would also like to enhance my career in SAP.I Would like to know which module to choose. I want to learn SAP from functional point of view as well as technical point of view (Dev, Configurations, Database) also.

Appreciate your reply on the same.

Thank you,
    Aathavan

#47365 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

As a Technical Business Analyst with an OT background and experience in the CTRM/ETRM domain, there are several SAP modules that could be beneficial for you to consider. Since you mentioned your interest in both functional and technical aspects, I’ll provide recommendations that cover both perspectives:

1. SAP S/4HANA Finance (formerly SAP FI/CO): This module focuses on financial accounting, management accounting, and controlling. It is a key component of SAP ERP systems and offers a strong foundation for understanding business processes and financial aspects.

2. SAP S/4HANA Supply Chain Management (formerly SAP MM and SD): This module covers materials management and sales and distribution. It provides insights into procurement, inventory management, sales order processing, and logistics, which are essential for understanding end-to-end supply chain processes.

3. SAP S/4HANA Production Planning (SAP PP): This module deals with production planning and manufacturing processes. It covers areas such as demand management, capacity planning, bill of materials, routing, and shop floor control. This module would be beneficial if you have experience or interest in the manufacturing industry.

4. SAP S/4HANA Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM): This module focuses on managing customer relationships and sales processes. It covers areas such as sales force automation, marketing, customer service, and analytics. Understanding CRM processes can be valuable for businesses aiming to enhance customer satisfaction and improve sales.

In addition to the functional modules mentioned above, to gain a technical perspective, you can consider exploring the following areas:

1. SAP ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming): ABAP is SAP’s proprietary programming language. Learning ABAP would allow you to develop custom solutions, perform system configurations, and understand the technical aspects of SAP implementations.

2. SAP HANA: This in-memory database platform is the foundation of SAP S/4HANA. Learning about SAP HANA would enable you to work with the underlying technology and optimize system performance.

3. SAP Fiori/UI5: Fiori is SAP’s user experience (UX) design language, and UI5 is its development toolkit. Learning Fiori and UI5 would equip you to create intuitive and user-friendly interfaces for SAP applications.

It’s important to note that each module and technical area requires dedicated time and effort to gain proficiency. Consider your personal interests, career goals, and the requirements of your organization to determine which module or area aligns best with your aspirations and the needs of your company.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: SAP for beginners – choosing SAP Module
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *