SAP for beginners – choosing SAP Module

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aathavan

Hi,

I am Technical Business Analyst with mainly OT background working in a CTRM/ETRM domain. My company is currently implementing SAP and I would also like to enhance my career in SAP.I Would like to know which module to choose. I want to learn SAP from functional point of view as well as technical point of view (Dev, Configurations, Database) also.

Appreciate your reply on the same.

Thank you,
    Aathavan

#47365 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

As a Technical Business Analyst with an OT background and experience in the CTRM/ETRM domain, there are several SAP modules that could be beneficial for you to consider. Since you mentioned your interest in both functional and technical aspects, I’ll provide recommendations that cover both perspectives:

1. SAP S/4HANA Finance (formerly SAP FI/CO): This module focuses on financial accounting, management accounting, and controlling. It is a key component of SAP ERP systems and offers a strong foundation for understanding business processes and financial aspects.

2. SAP S/4HANA Supply Chain Management (formerly SAP MM and SD): This module covers materials management and sales and distribution. It provides insights into procurement, inventory management, sales order processing, and logistics, which are essential for understanding end-to-end supply chain processes.

3. SAP S/4HANA Production Planning (SAP PP): This module deals with production planning and manufacturing processes. It covers areas such as demand management, capacity planning, bill of materials, routing, and shop floor control. This module would be beneficial if you have experience or interest in the manufacturing industry.

4. SAP S/4HANA Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM): This module focuses on managing customer relationships and sales processes. It covers areas such as sales force automation, marketing, customer service, and analytics. Understanding CRM processes can be valuable for businesses aiming to enhance customer satisfaction and improve sales.

In addition to the functional modules mentioned above, to gain a technical perspective, you can consider exploring the following areas:

1. SAP ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming): ABAP is SAP’s proprietary programming language. Learning ABAP would allow you to develop custom solutions, perform system configurations, and understand the technical aspects of SAP implementations.

2. SAP HANA: This in-memory database platform is the foundation of SAP S/4HANA. Learning about SAP HANA would enable you to work with the underlying technology and optimize system performance.

3. SAP Fiori/UI5: Fiori is SAP’s user experience (UX) design language, and UI5 is its development toolkit. Learning Fiori and UI5 would equip you to create intuitive and user-friendly interfaces for SAP applications.

It’s important to note that each module and technical area requires dedicated time and effort to gain proficiency. Consider your personal interests, career goals, and the requirements of your organization to determine which module or area aligns best with your aspirations and the needs of your company.

#50037 Reply
    mahendra wamanrao shastrakar

Dear Sir / Madam,
    I m 52 years now and have @25 years’ experience in procurement with use of different use of ERPs like oracle, Jd Edward, Microsoft dynamics etc. Now i m interested in sap4 Hana mm module and want to learn it. Insitute’s like Delphi and Atos charge a whooping 3 lakhs. Is it worth to spend so much money on this learning? Is there any cheaper way to learn sap Hana 4 MM module? I may use sap Hana 4 mm in my profession, if i get a chance in such organization where it is used or i will like to become a trainer to teach other people.
    Request your guidance in this matter and will be obliged if you reply to me.
    Thanks,
    Mahendra

#50060 Reply
    Cleo Isco
    Keymaster

Dear Mahendra, evaluate the demand for SAP HANA MM professionals in your region or industry. Research job postings and speak with professionals in the field to gauge the need for this skill set. If there is a significant demand, investing in training could be worthwhile. While institutes like Delphi and Atos offer comprehensive training programs, there are often more affordable alternatives available. Look for online courses, tutorials, or community college programs that cover SAP HANA MM. Websites like Udemy, Coursera, and LinkedIn Learning offer courses at a fraction of the cost.

#50162 Reply
    ingenx

Choosing the right SAP module as a beginner is crucial for starting your journey into the world of SAP. SAP, or Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing, offers a wide range of modules that cater to different business functions and industries. As a beginner, it’s essential to consider various factors before selecting a module, such as your background, career goals, and interests.

Here’s a brief explanation to guide beginners in choosing an SAP module:

Understand Your Background and Skills: Assess your educational background, work experience, and technical skills. Consider areas where you have expertise or a natural inclination. For example, if you have a background in finance, you might lean towards SAP Finance (FI) or Controlling (CO) modules.

Explore Career Goals: Determine your career aspirations and the roles you aim to pursue in the future. Research the job market to understand the demand for SAP professionals in different modules and industries. Choose a module that aligns with your career goals and offers opportunities for growth and advancement.

Consider Industry Relevance: Different SAP modules cater to specific industries, such as manufacturing, retail, healthcare, or public sector. Consider the industry you’re interested in working in and choose a module that is relevant to that industry. For example, if you’re interested in healthcare, you might explore SAP’s Healthcare Management (HM) module.

Evaluate Module Features and Functionality: Research the features and functionalities of different SAP modules to understand what each module offers. Attend introductory courses, webinars, or workshops to get a glimpse of the modules in action. Look for modules that resonate with your interests and provide opportunities for hands-on learning.

Seek Guidance and Advice: Reach out to SAP professionals, mentors, or career counselors for advice on choosing the right module. Networking with individuals already working in the SAP ecosystem can provide valuable insights and recommendations based on their experiences.

Start with the Basics: As a beginner, consider starting with fundamental modules that provide a broad overview of SAP’s capabilities. Modules like SAP S/4HANA Finance (formerly Simple Finance) or Logistics can serve as excellent starting points before delving into more specialized areas.

By carefully considering these factors and doing thorough research, beginners can make an informed decision when choosing an SAP module that best suits their skills, interests, and career aspirations. Remember that learning SAP is a journey, and it’s essential to choose a module that aligns with your long-term goals and provides opportunities for growth and development.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: SAP for beginners – choosing SAP Module
Your information:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *