- Hardcover: 336 pages
- Publisher: SAP PRESS; 1 edition (June 28, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1592291651
- ISBN-13: 978-1592291656
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Who has access or permission to retrieve or change your sensitive HR data? This is a critical question for every company to consider, and this book describes how you can create and implement an appropriate authorization strategy for the specific processes in your own company, using SAP ERP HCM. You’ll find answers to all of your questions, from explaining what the differences and areas of usage are in the general, structural, and context-sensitive authorization checks, to the specific challenges involved in using performance management functions. In addition, you’ll learn about typical problem areas and find out how to resolve them. The book contains many useful tips that support you in implementing the authorization system whether it’s for the first time or in your daily work. If you are currently facing the problem of having to manage an insurmountable number of roles that require a lot of maintenance work, this book provides useful ideas for redesigning your system and describes methods to reduce the total number of roles.
– Process-Oriented Authorization Concept, Role Definition
– General Authorization Checks with Time Logic and Check Method (IT 130)
– Structural Authorization Checks with Time Logic
– Context-Sensitive Authorization Checks
– Extensions to Authorization Checks
– Authorization Roles in SAP HCM Components
– Implementing an Authorization Concept
– Reports for the Authorization System
– Authorizations in Programming
– Specific Problem Areas and Suggested Solutions
About the Author
Martin Esch is a Managing Director of Projektkultur GmbH and has more than 15 years of experience in managing projects of IT-based HR management in the SAP environment.
Anja Junold has been working as an SAP ERP HCM Consultant at iProCon GmbH since 2002 and has gained a great deal of practical experience in numerous national and international projects.
Download this SAP HR Book
If you want to download this book, please click the picture of the book. You will be redirected to Amazon website where you will be offered with an option to download a Kindle version of this SAP HR book or purchase a paper version of it.