Welcome to the tutorial about SAP HR Recruitment Process in SAP ERP. After completing this tutorial you will get knowledge about the main steps of the recruitment process in SAP HCM. This tutorial is part of free SAP HCM training.
SAP HR Recruitment Process is the essential part of the complete SAP HCM system process. It uses positions that exist within the Organization Plan for creation and maintenance of vacancies. Applicant data can be added, maintained and evaluated, with identified successful applicants being transferred to the Personnel Administration component of SAP HCM.
Recruitment in SAP allows the complete recruitment process to be performed, from creating the vacancy (requisition) to hiring successful candidates. The system offers capabilities for continuous evaluation of applicants. Applicant data can be entered at differing stages, allowing for just basic or more detailed information to be saved in SAP.
The whole recruitment process turns around a number of different business activities:
- Requisition Management – Agreement between managers and recruiters about the conditions of a vacant position (such as what, when, how). Determination of how candidates are to be assessed and selected for a specific position in a structured way.
- Management of Job Postings – Definition and implementation of a strategy to attract candidates to the company in general and/or for a particular job. Search in talent pools, publications.
- Application Entry – Acceptance and collection of incoming applications from various sources (such as e-mail, post, intranet, extranet, third parties or special events).
- Applicant Tracking – Implementation of the recruitment plan; performance of processes concerning talent pool members and applications; applicant pre-qualification and selection, extending offers and completion.
- Talent Relationship Management – Initiation and maintenance of long-term relationships with potential candidates, segmentation, and services. For companies, easy contact with candidates; for candidates, better options for determining suitable jobs.
This is the process stage when it is determined between managers and recruiters how, when and upon what conditions a vacancy will be filled. On this phase it is determined how candidates are to be evaluated and selected for a specific position in a structured fashion. How and when candidates are to be selected and ranked. In other words, the requisition is a formal agreement to fill one or more vacancies. A requisition can be created/maintained using various roles. For example, managers and recruiters can logon to the E-Recruiting system using special access credentials and create it. Built-in workflow will than process the approval notifications. All the required data is stored and then the requisition will be released. It is also possible to integrate Manager Self-Service (MSS) portal and E-Recruiting solution.
Management of Job Postings
Management of job posting defines and creates an approach to attract applicants to the company in general or for a particular job. It can be a search in talent pools or publications in different communication channels – media, internet, banners. Detailed information about a job is stored in a job posting and is generated based on the data that is completed in the requisition. A vacancy is officially announced using the posting via publication.
Several job postings for a requisition can be created. They are stored in the following possible statuses:
- Draft – The requisition is still under construction.
- Released – The requisition is ready. If the user does not have the authorization to release the requisition, the message “Continue to Change Request” appears.
- On Hold – The requisition is locked for all recruitment activities until further notice. This option is useful when a process such as freezing the headcount needs to be supported.
- Closed – The requisition is closed. If the user does not have the authorization to close the requisition, the message “Continue to Change Request” appears. You can give a closed requisition the status “Draft” or “Released” again.
- To Be Deleted – The requisition is removed from the recruiter’s work items. The system administrator can delete the requisition or restore the previous status of the requisition.
This process covers acceptance of incoming applications from various channels (such as e-mail, post, intranet, extranet, third parties, or special events). An application is a person’s statement of interest in entering into a work relationship or in a change to an existing work relationship. An applicant who bases his or her application on a posting with the corresponding reference code is assigned to this posting during registration. Applications can be received on paper, by e-mail or as online applications (with or without prior registration). Depending on the application channel, the process may differ due to costs and effort.
Following the application, various actions are executed for the applicant according to the outline of a process template. These contain checking documents for completeness, examination of suitability of a candidate, rejections, and the relevant communications linked to each of these activities.
Talent Relationship Management
Talent relationship management (TRM) initiates and maintains long-term relationships with potential candidates, segmentation, and services. For companies, it facilitates an easy contact with candidates; for candidates, it provides better options for determining suitable jobs.
The cross processes in SAP HR recruitment aim to support the events described above with relation to other processes in human resources. For example, recruitment is connected with reporting, correspondence, and system administration.
Did you like this tutorial? Have any questions or comments? We would love to hear your feedback in the comments section below. It’d be a big help for us, and hopefully it’s something we can address for you in improvement of our free SAP HR tutorials.
Go to next lesson:
Go to previous lesson: SAP HCM Personnel Administration
Go to overview of the course: SAP HR Training
4 thoughts on “SAP HR Recruitment Process”
The detailed information given here are very very useful to me.
As i will on training from 3rd July and will help me to understand all topis in depth in detailed
Thank you so much.
could you pleased advise the costs of SAP HR training course cert.
What Skills need to have for a SAP consultant , Eventually I have worked in recruitment since 6 years but looking for a break through to work on SAP or as a SAP consultant.
I am looking proper course for It.
Can you suggest free online class on SAP HR recruitment module
I desperately interested in SAP HR
. Any volunteers for teaching SAP for beginner.